Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Night musings

So now that AlixZander is in bed I have my nightly ME time. This usually lasts from somewhere around 7 till a little after 9. I have grown to really love this time. Its the time I use to catch up with the world. Lately this includes and episode of glee and sometimes an episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Both streamed off the internet because we don't have payed TV. I like having a little more control over what My family (my son) watches. We LOVE netflix it is the BEST thing ever and sense they added there "watch it now" to the Xbox its an Awesome thing. I am also going to try and add at least a small post each night. and maybe a picture or two from the day (when I figure out how).

Today AlixZander brought me a handful of craft popsicle sticks (that he got from who knows where) and he was SOOO excited about them. he was talking up a storm. Im sure he was telling me some life changing discovery that he had made with said Popsicle sticks but unfortunatly for me I could not understand a word he said to me. We also managed to play "Catch" with a small stuffed DTV football that I had gotten from my Glory days in the land of call center.

AlixZander is learning and understanding more and more every day. he is learning 3-4 new words a day 1/2 of wich I have no clue where he picked them up. But the one he learned today that I know where he got was Baby. He has seen an ultrasound Video that was taken about a month ago when the baby was 11 weeks and we have told him that thats the baby. I also have a picture from the ultrasound on my cell phone. Today AlixZander brought me my phone happily pointing at a picture that he managed to get up (I swear he is figuring out my new phone faster than I am) saying "Baby, Baby" I told him he was right and he did his little Victory clap and dance that he dose when he knows he has done something right. I hope that he never looses that feeling!

I am so excited for the Holidays to be here. from thanksgiving till my birthday is my favoright time of the year. I love all the giving and crafts and baking and cooking and parties and family. This year I actualy have time to do some holiday baking. and I am soooo going to do it!! I want to take plate fulls of goodies to neighbors and friends! I get so excited just thinking about it.

1 comment:

  1. We love Netflix, too. Just got our disk to play the instant watch through our PS3, and it's wonderful. I could kiss the people at Netflix for their brilliant ideas and methods to bring us movies and TV shows.

    I love hearing about AlixZander and his antics. The joy of a child is priceless.

    ReplyDelete