Friday, December 11, 2009

3 1/2 +1+3= way too many bodies in one little space (with an update)

Sorry that my updates have fallen to the wayside. my "mommy Time" has become nonexistent. The dear Friend we are living with has also opened his home to his Girlfriend and her 2 children. we all are now living in a single wide 3 bedroom trailer. I am trying to be as patient as I can with the situation. There are a few issues when you get 2 Mothers in the same household Expecially when said mothers have differing views on discipline, parenting, morals, Exc. exc... and unfortunatly the 2 new children have not brought any of there things with them (its all back in there apartment that she is still paying rent for but is never there) so all of my sons toys become there toys. Normally this would be fine... What a great opportunity for AlixZander to learn how to share and play with other children and get some socilaizing. But the other 2 children DO NOT have to share (unless repremanded by me). They have gotten there mother so figured out that if they whine enough they get what ever they want (and thiese children are 2.5 and 4). There mother is constantly saying "I NEED MOMMY TIME" and slams the bedroom door leaving the children with me. My son is picking up habits from them that I DO NOT want him to have and am fighting with every ounce of my being to break before its too late, such as... they do not eat in the kitchen , They whine constantly, and Most of all they do not listen at all to there mother. one child will throw her coat on the floor and then mom will say "Pick up your coat" the child will look at her mother laugh and continue on what she was doing... the mother will say "or not" and pick it up for her.... UH NO!!! MAKE HER DO IT. I hear the excuse of Oh they are too young or the older one doesn't know any better. my two year old knows better than to whine for something. and if he tries he gets no where.

ok enough venting I could go on forever. I am extremely grateful that our friend has such an open heart because if he didn't we would not have a place to stay. Needless to say though we are looking for other places to put up residence.

AlixZander is still in the midst of a language boom. and is defiantly working on 2-3 word strings if we could only understand what he was trying to say!! he gets very frusterated when he cant express himself. he is also working on more spacific names for things such as everthing with a motor is not longer a car. he knows the difference between a car (trucks vans exc are still cars) and a Plane and a Train. He knows there is a difference between Horses and Cows sometimes he still gets this one confused but its getting better. he has learned please. and now we are working on thank you... as he seems to have lost it totaly.

OH OH OH I almost forgot the best news of all ..... we found out about a week ago that we are having a BABY BOY!!!! I am so excited!!! girls scare me though Im sure it will be fun to have one or 2 but im really glad we are having another boy!!! Well as it seems I am about to be over run I must end for now... hopefully I can update more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment