Thursday, March 18, 2010

In an attempt to keep my hands busy

Beacuse of having to be planted on the couch for Extended amount of timeI have become Exceedingly restless. No I am pretty sure its not nesting because with AlixZander at least, my house was rearranged every 2-3 days and so far No furniture has been moved. BUT I have felt the need to do SOMETHING evolving my hands, I started out Crocheting, I made 2 blankets (one for my baby one for my sisters) 2 pairs of booties (same thing one for me and one for my sister) and a Hat for my baby. When I finished that I cross-stitched a birth announcement for AlixZander, Yes I know its 2 years late but better late than never and I bought one for both kiddos so I decided I had better make his first. So that is what I have Completed so far!

Currently I am working on another cross stitch pattern but I need to get a ring to hold it because it is a stamped cross-stich and I need something to hold it tight. I am also working on sewing a bringing home baby outfit for baby brother because apparently I am being extremely picky this time around. so far I am done with the Hat and the Diaper cover, the pants need elastic in the waist, the shirt needs facing and snaps, and I need to make the other bootie. I am also working on decorating some burp rags for me, my sister, and a Friend so far some of them are at least pinned and one is bout 1/8th of the way sewn together (to show jonathan that I was not insane and my Ideas will work.... well at least most of them)

I typically work on them while AlixZander is napping and after he goes to bed and I am waiting for Jonathan to get home from work. It has been a great experience so far and hopefully something I can continue for years to come!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of everything! You are keeping busy that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly helps to keep busy! I bet everything looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete